Tuesday, July 21, 2009

soggy.


Today I failed at dressing myself. This happens almost every time there is inclement weather... somehow I believe sneakers, jeans, and a hooded sweatshirt are appropriate for a rain storm (I mean, there's a hood, right?). Even when I take my first step outside and it becomes glaringly apparent I've made a mistake, I don't turn back. This morning I glanced at my leather purse on occasion and wondered how well it would shield the electronics inside and sloughed to the train.

It's cold for a summer day and I cannot help but be a little peeved that I have to spend my time at work, rather than in bed with a book and a movie and computer solitaire. My mind is wandering to the fires we had in our fireplaces when I was growing up (I use the plural not because I had several in one home, but because I lived in several houses). Fires are the best and, like hot baths, even acceptable to me in the summer when it's raining and (relatively) cold.

I don't put my wool sweaters away when warm weather comes because of days like today. If I were home, I would put one on (inevitably overheat, take it off, get cold, put it back on, etc) and make myself a cup of tea.

Instead, I'll keep opening, closing, and re-opening Facebook whilst trying not to think about my soggy toes. Oh, and do my job.

(image courtesy of pachd.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment