Monday, July 13, 2009

brighton beach.


Having moved to New York from an island, I assumed going to the beach in the city would be a bit of a disappointment, if not a fairly unsanitary affair (could people even go in the water?). It turns out I was wrong.

My friend Eugenia took me to Brighton Beach on Sunday. It is not particularly picturesque, however the people watching was fantastic. In addition, I sat near a group of teenagers who reminded me why it's best to move forward in time and not backwards.

I got some sun, I walked into the water and ate some flavored ice. My new bathing suit and ridiculously large hat made me feel mildly fantastic. Better yet, smoking at a city beach doesn't feel like a violation of nature. Next time I'll bring my cigarette holder and really show the gentlemen with too much body hair and too little bathing suit what's what.

(Esther Williams comes compliments of fashionrat.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment