Thursday, July 16, 2009

clothes.


I was going to write about the newest addition to my household today: Fluff, the cat. She's been in my family, bouncing from house to house, since I was twelve. Now I get the opportunity to have her around and begin the transition into crazy cat lady (which I've always not so secretly believed is my destiny). She's fat, she's cute---just not worthy of an entire entry...I suppose this means that my transformation to CCL is not complete.

Moving forward. I've known about a blog called The Sartorialist for a little while but have never taken the time to really check it out. This changed a few days ago when a friend sent me a link (in hopes that I'd expand my internet horizons). She knows how much I like pictures, so it seemed fitting, and it was. Since I started looking, I have gone back through all the archives, beginning in September 2005.

My friend's timing was quite fortuitous. With my new apartment comes a new, very large, closet and dresser. I can now actually see all the clothes and shoes I own. Looking at The Sartorialist's pictures from the streets of New York, Paris, Milan, etc., I have been inspired to use my wardrobe to its fullest potential. I don't think I'll be strolling the streets in the number to the right, but the movement in the picture is fantastic.

That's right, just look at how the garment moves.

(image courtesy of thesartorialist.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment