Wednesday, August 5, 2009

yum.


It's always hard to decide what to eat during the summer. Extreme heat isn't known for encouraging hunger and eating like a rabbit seldom seems appealing.

My problem is when I am in the office. Mine is quite chilly and sitting behind a desk for eight hours a day is somewhat tedious. Stomach confused by changing heat patterns and mind numb, I've been in search of a snack that will help pass the time/nourish/not expand the gut.

A couple of weeks ago, I stumbled on some curry covered cashews at a local market. They are delicious. I literally cannot stop eating them all day. At $10.85 a pound, this bulk habit is becoming an issue. I waddle away from work with an empty wallet--- that many cashews sit hard in the stomach.

Today I decided to get sidetracked by the prospect of crackers. The good ones cost more than they're worth, though, and some genius placed Pop-tarts directly next to them. Strawberry Pop-tarts. Today it was time for a walk down memory lane. I've eaten four already and am beginning to think this alternative isn't negating earlier snack issues.

Hmmm. A few short paragraphs into this and I think the problem might be my self control, rather than the food itself.

(image courtesy of thenutfactory.com)

1 comment: