Wednesday, August 19, 2009

compute.


Today has not been the best of days, as I have been informed that my computer (which unexpectedly died over the weekend) can be fixed at the loss of anything that was on it ever. This is not something one wants to hear, but I can only blame myself. You know, something about not backing my shit up, lesson learned, blahblahblah.

Hopefully this will, however, inspire a massive push towards note-taking and generally getting myself together in terms of my senior project. I have one more semester left of school and I probably should make the most of it.

I started reading a book recommended to me by an old professor called The Artful Edit by Susan Bell. It is pretty good (a nice break from Joan Didion---the basis of my final work in school). The combination of this and my friend Lisa's departure for China is getting me a bit excited for the possibilities of "After School is Done". It's a time I've been waiting for and it's going to be here very soon.

Follow-up: all of this business is also making me a Nervous Nancy.

(image courtesy of oliviamunn.com)
***

It might be time to plan an exit strategy. Here looks suitable:I stole this from an acquaintance's facebook page. Apparently, it is France.

1 comment: