Tuesday, August 4, 2009

home.


Yesterday, when I sat down to write my first post since getting back from vacation, I thought to myself, "Maybe later..."

Procrastinating in regards to a procrastination tool: is this a new low? Maybe. I've decided that I simply do not know where to begin with this post. Should I try to wrestle with the joy and drama that inevitably comes from going to a place that used to be something like home? Or would I rather banter about the trivialities of coffee versus tea?

My trip to Martha's Vineyard was too much. I think it might be best to leave it at that. I'm not sure when I'll finally be able to return to that island without turning into my angst-driven 17 year old self, if I ever will. Instead of testing those waters ever six months, I am going to take a longer break from the place. I will make an effort to see the people I love from there in new environments. I will acknowledge that Brooklyn is my home. Life moves forward.

Hopefully with this bit out of the way, I can return to idiosyncratic musings tomorrow.

(image courtesy of fineartamerica.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment