Wednesday, August 12, 2009

an ode.


I'm losing steam. I think. I've decided not to beat myself up about not posing everyday, but it's hard to muster enough of an excuse to make the avoidance make sense to even myself. Does that sentence make sense? Probably not.

Well, a time has come. A time that only rolls through every so often: the desire to get stuff done. I WANT to take notes for my senior work. I WANT to clean my house. This is crazy. Truly. What is even more astounding, is my inability to do those things because I am at work. There is noting particularly pressing for me to do here, but work from my desk I must. Therefore, I will take this important clocked time to discuss one of my favorite and least appreciated items: Jamaican Beef Patties.

They are so fucking good. Akin to hot dogs with their mysterious innards, they can go from frozen to soft and delicious in a matter of moments (and only cost $1). They've got some kick. A friend introduced me to the wonders of adding onions and cheese to them, one of my happiest moments in memory.

It occurs to me that all my reasons for loving this food object might count as strikes against it, but it tastes so good at 4pm OR am, that I just don't care.

(image courtesy of iateapie.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment