Saturday, November 14, 2009

freedom...?

And I'm back...

The past month or semester or lifetime has been a jumble. I was already stressed out by the school/work combination (further intensified by a need to do my senior work), and then the indescribable happened---a friend died. I'm sure I'll write about Abe in the future but most words and thoughts are hard to solidify. At the least, this has all been very strange and disconcerting.

In trying to find some stability of mind after this, I've unfortunately gotten behind in the work that really matters to me--school. So, I made some calculations and took the plunge. I quit my job and for the next month+ I will be cleaning my room, doing dishes, relaxing with my cat, alphabetizing the bookshelf, and, above all, writing about Joan Didion. Oh, I'll also be adding entries to this thing for to feel productive or accomplished or some hybrid therein.

I'm pretty nervous about what happens when the project is turned in and I've run low on funds. Mainly I'm trying to breathe and think only about the next two weeks. After they've passed I'll go further.
(image courtesy of artsjournal.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment